Controlling a Safe
Control a Safe (formerly Gnosis Safe) on another chain using your Colony’s governance mechanisms.
Step 1: Launch the Safe Control menu
From your colony's home page, click on the "New Action" and then navigate to "Advanced" -> "Safe Control" -> "Control Safe".
Step 2: Choose your transaction type
Select your Safe and transaction type. There are four types of transactions available:
- Transfer funds: Allows you to trigger a transfer of funds from a Safe
- Transfer NFT: Allows you to trigger an NFT transfer from a Safe
- Contract interaction: Allows you to directly interact with smart contracts on the same chain as the Safe. This enables almost unlimited possibilities to use Colony to govern smart contracts
- Raw transaction: Allows greater control over how a transaction is executed. This is useful for those with advanced use cases
Step 3: Enter transaction parameters and create transaction
Now's the time to fill out the details of your transaction and launch the Motion. Each transaction type has its own set of parameters. Remember that the recipient of any token transfers will need to be on the same chain as the Safe.
This allows you to trigger a transfer of funds from a Safe on another chain to a nominated address on that chain.
- Select the token type and amount of tokens that you wish to send from the Safe
- Input the address of the recipient. Make sure that the recipient's address is on the same chain as the Safe!
This allows you to trigger an NFT transfer from a Safe on another chain to a nominated address on that chain.
- Select the NFT you wish to transfer
- Select your recipient
The following Safe Control features are advanced and should only be used by developers and power users. Proceed with caution!
This allows you to directly interact with smart contracts on the same chain as the Safe, enabling virtually unlimited possibilities to use Colony to govern any smart contract.
- Target contract address
This allows for greater control over how a transaction is executed.
- Value wei
- Data bytes
Finally, just click Create Transaction and your Motion will be launched!
Step 4: Executing the transaction
Once the Motion has passed, an additional step needs to be taken to execute the transaction on the chain of the Safe. This step can be carried out by anyone, since the Motion has already passed governance. Whoever executes the transaction will need to cover the gas fee.
You'll know this step needs to be carried out when you see the Action needed tag next to the Motion in your colony's action list:
You'll also see a banner at the top of the Motion page:
Once you click Process transaction you'll be brought to the Transaction Service page, where you'll need to ensure that you're connected to the same chain as the Safe. Then, click Execute and you're done!
Need to remove a Safe from your Colony? See Removing a Safe