Simple Decisions lets your DAO use reputation-weighted governance in virtually any Yes or No question. The process is similar to Motions:
- A proposal is submitted: “Should our DAO do this?” with rationale provided in the description
- The proposal is backed by staking the colony’s native tokens
- After a period of time, if there are no objections, the proposal passes
- If there is an objection, a vote is triggered and DAO members vote with their reputation
- This process—known as Lazy Consensus—maximizes efficiency while remaining fair to contributors. DAO members are incentivized to participate in the process by the staked tokens: if they’re on the winning side of a vote, they can walk away with rewards.